n-Butyl Acetate is a clear, colorless solvent with a fruity smell that is suitable for the used for cleaning and dissolving uncured resin on Stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed parts.
n-Butyl Acetate is compatible with Formlabs Finish Kit, Form Wash, and Form Cure.
To remove uncured resin from SLA or DLP printed parts, fill your cleaning pot with the amount specified by the manufacturer. To minimize waste, it is recommended to pre-clean the parts before placing them in the cleaning tank to extend the life of your fresh n-Butyl Acetate. This can be done in a separate container with "dirty" n-Butyl Acetate from previous cleaning cycles. Place the finished print in the cleaning vessel, clean the parts for at least 5 minutes or according to the guidelines of the material manufacturer. After the cleaning cycle, let the model dry and check for sticky surface, repeat if necessary until the surface is no longer sticky. If it's still sticky, replace the n-Butyl Acetate.
Labeling according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 (CLP)
- UN Nummer: 1123
- Signal word: Warning
- H226 - Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H336 - May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- P101 - If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P103 - Read carefully and follow all instructions.
- P210 - Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P271 - Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P370+P378 - In case of fire: Use sand, carbon dioxide or powder extinguisher to extinguish.
- P403+P233 - Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
Supplemental Hazard statements
- EUH066 - Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- Purity: > 99%
- Chemical Name: n-Butyl Acetate
- CAS-Number: 123-86-4
- Density: 0,88 g/cm3 (20 °C)
Disposal of n-Butyl Acetate
n-Butyl Acetate and containers and rinse water must be disposed of at an appropriate waste treatment facility.
0 of 0 reviews